03/19/2015 12:51:28 – Dish just recently applied some great updates to it’s popular DISH Anywhere application.
There are a number of improvements and new features, making it better both as a streaming video player and as an account management console. Similar to Netflix, users will have the ability to setup multiple profiles on a single subscriber account. It will allow for each profile to have it’s very own recommendations and favorites list which will make getting to your favorite content that much quicker.
Additional functionality comes customer’s way by making it easier to get into the games with NCAA basketball tournament action. Customer will have the ability to easily distinguish between regular TV and key sport coverage with the ability to look through the college tournament brackets directly in the app.
Another important update is the ability to pay one’s bill directly from the application. Another noteworthy add with this update makes sign-in easier, especially if you’ve forgotten your password. The DISH Anywhere app now has ‘Hopper Pairing’ In Lieu of Passwords. Simply being in the vicinity of your Hopper can act as an alternative form of authentication. What’ll they think of next?
Here is the changelog…[message type=”info”]
- You can now use multiple profiles with the same DISH account. Each profile contains personalized recommendations, Favorites, Watchlists and more.
- Forgot your login info? No problem! Use the new Hopper pairing feature when you’re at home.
- Sports fans – view scores/results in the NCAA basketball tournament bracket.
- Pay your bill inside the app from Settings > Pay My Bill (requires login).
- Resume watching programs automatically when interrupted by a phone call.
- Other bug fixes